Monday, January 14, 2013

Clothespin Giraffe (free printable)

When my daughter was in preschool she came home with a super cute clothespin giraffe. I looked all over online and couldn't find one as cute as hers, so we made our own. 

This would also work great if you were teaching the letter "G"


(click on picture and save to your computer, make sure scaled to correct size before printing). If you ever have trouble printing one of my freebies send me an e-mail (found in my contact tab) and I'll e-mail the document directly to you!)

This is the same idea as my clothespin turkeys 

Simply color, cut along dotted lines, glue (we used a glue stick) legs to clothes pins, and then attach clothespins to body. The glue stick works well, but use lots of glue and hold paper legs to the clothespin for a few long seconds. 

It works even better if you use cute kids. Sorry, you can't borrow mine. 


We call this caveman coloring in our house (gripping the marker like a caveman), hey don't judge, it works!

You can even make them do a little gig. The giraffes that is, my kids can do a gig too.


We made a little "How to make a clothespin giraffe" tutorial. It is very impressive if I say so myself. My daughter might just drop out of grade school and start working for Martha Stewart.
If this video doesn't work here is the link



Ta-da!

Like my daughter said in the video "You can play with it, or use it as a decoration." So true, what better center piece than a clothespin giraffe. 



Now last week I announced a giveaway to say thank you for helping me reach 20,000 views on my blog, and the winner is  . . . . 

Teena 
I used random.org. Thanks again everyone who entered and your kind comments! If I had more time I would make a family portrait for you all!  I'll have another giveaway soon. 


8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Really excited to be able to display our family in such a cute way and from someone with great talent. Thanks Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding me?? those kids are so talented..."and boom, you got it.." was that in the script, or is she just that cute...I know the answer to that. love those kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Sara! She has wanted to be a reporter for years. I have videos like this all the way back to when she was 3. I only explained the giraffe craft once and she was ready to roll. I knew Aunt Sara would enjoy it as much as me.

      Delete
  3. LOVED the video! The kids did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Copied your "don't eat pete" and "be happy" for a babysitting kit for our girls that meet tomorrow. Can't stop looking at all your cute drawings. This would be a fun activity for a babysitter to bring for the kids she tends. Love the clothes pin idea!! Thanks, Tracy in AZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, just made my day. What a great idea to make babysitting kits. I didn't even think of that. Thank you again!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!! - Spring Time